- The name Rawalpindi means the abode of Rawals. The Rawals, a Jogi tribe founded a village namely ‘Rawal’ at the site of Rawal Dam.
- When Jhanda Khan, founded a new town nearby, at site of Fatehpur Baori, he named it Rawalpindi
- Established in 1849, Rawalpindi Cantonment is the second oldest and premier Cantonment of Pakistan. Population-wise it is the largest cantonment
- Prior to its bifurcation it was stretched over 18,577 acres of land and after its division in 2003, it now encompasses 10172 acres (41.16 sq km). The excluded area was notified to be the “Chak Lala Cantonment”
National Bank of Pakistan Counter established at RCB premises, adjacent to Public Facilitation Center, to facilitate the tax payers and for payment of all other RCB dues. The project is a Joint Venture of RCB and NBP. The Counter is functioning since 20th of Oct. 2014.
Other steps taken are
- Door to Door Garbage Collection Campaign started in Westridge
- Door to Door Garbage Collection Campaign started Lane 1 through 7 Peshawar Rd.
- Conversion of Conventional Traffic Signals into Solar Hybrid system
- Re-structuring of Sadar Area according to Latest trends
A media co-ordination cell has been formed to coup with modern needs of media and web presence. This cell works directly under the supervision of the Cantonment Executive officer. This cell reports the daily activities of the branches to the press and posts it to the facebook also.
This cell also monitors the news and other articles printed in the newspapers or reported on TV. It conducts media / info based surveys on the internet also (Using its website, facebook and twitter)
Co-ordinated by: Muhammad Rizwan Raja (0311-5999915, 03112233626)
- To prevent and minimize risk of fire by educating the general public , Law enforcement.
- Minimizing risk of injury or the loss of life/ property in case of fire emergencies.
- To confine and extinguish dangerous fires.
- To conduct survey of buildings and ensure fire safety measures
- To ensure presence of adequate fire safety equipment in buildings
- Professional training / skill development of Firemen
- Liaison with 1122 to jointly maneuver in case of any emergency
- Development of dedicated cataloging software
- Establishment of Digital Library
- Connected Online with other libraries
- Cataloging of all books
- Procurement of new books
- Launch of new website for CPL (rcbpubliclibrary.com)
- Provision of reader-friendly environment
- Registration of new members